I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If You're Friends With P

Then you're friends with me .... and in this case, the P stands for "Puts".

Interesting observation on the CPC. It was super bullish during the height of the rally in July - Sept. Okay, that was obvious and not interesting. But look at the chart:



After the pullback in Sept, and then the next rally in October, the CPC does not return to its former level of bullishness.

It is kind of hard to see on this chart, so please permit me a very *ungraceful* zoom-in (a la Stockcharts)



Just another interesting divergence. Options investors are starting to become "Friends of P(uts)" again.

Yet another weakening indicator in the bullish case.
blog comments powered by Disqus