I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tequila

Addition 4:55 - Or we might just break down right here :)


-----------------------------------------------

Do a shot when we get to the 50 day MA!
Do a shot when we get to 62% retrace of Minor 1!

What do we have? Drunk bulls and the bears are saying "You don't have to go home but you can't stay here".

From earlier today (Count):

Few options still in play. I think they point to a slightly higher move coming (It doesn't really matter to me though. Like I was saying a couple of days ago, I am short and whatever volatility the end of OPEX was going to offer, I liked the risk/reward for staying short here).

Check. We did get the higher move. Check. Yep I am still short.

I am expecting a peak of some sort tomorrow. Followed by a strong move down on Monday. If that doesn't materialize then I will reconsider my position. But I still do not mind being short here based on the low volume and lackluster internals of this rally.




Here is how this move might materialize on the E-Mini



Kissing the 50 day MA. I expect tomorrow we will move above it briefly, but I would be very surprised by a strong close above it.

blog comments powered by Disqus