I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, December 4, 2009

Gold Charts, US Dollar Charts

No long diatribes in this post. For my long term take on Gold (fundamentally and technically), see this post: The Gold Blog. Gold/Silver/GSMs (and a little Oil for good measure), for my long term take on the Dollar (fundamentally and technically), see Thoughts on the US Dollar, Analysis of the USDX Long Term, Follow up on the Gold Blog.

I have read so many posts and comments that gold is either

a) A stupid useless shiny metal, a relic, a dead currency, a good / commodity
or
b) in a bubble and it is about to burst.

Awesome. I love it. If you want to read my really nice and polite versions of why I think you should invest in gold and avoid the dollar, see my two links above. But right now my annoyance and impatience is showing. So I am simply going to be terse for awhile.

As an investor, this mis-information and misunderstanding of gold makes me very happy.

So bring on more comments of variant a or b above!

Meanwhile, I am quite content in my long term gold positions.

Gold Monthly Chart



My Gold Elliot Wave Counts starting from the most recent and going back to 1920 - the are obviously very bullish









Dow-Gold Ratio (DGR)





Other Gold Ratios





Silver



Oil



HUI Count



Gold/Dollar Correlation



US Dollar EW Counts









30 year Treasury Bond and 10 year Treasury Note



Equity Dollar Correlation Long Term

blog comments powered by Disqus