I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Are You a Fan ...

Of Fib Fans? ... :)

We use fibonacci fans in the CIL. Anchak was the first to use them heavily and Columbia has done some fantastic work with them in his charting.

I use them only occasionally myself. They are a fantastic auxiliary tool when used with other TA. But every once and awhile I go back to my fan chart.

I had not looked at this chart for a few weeks, but went back to it when I was working on my currency pair charts. This is very interesting:



The rally bounced off of and closed above the 78.6% fan line for the latest Minor A-B fan.

Combine this with my last currency pair post EUR/USD Breakout? showing that the US Dollar might take a small breather and my updated count Teamwork Baby! I think we have a good shot of finally starting Minor C.

Also note my longer term projection on the chart above and how it fits with my longer term projection Dust, Wind... Dude

Yeah I think we will get a rally for the next couple of weeks for a few percent. But I would mainly view it as an opportunity to get into some long term shorts at a better price.

My $0.02

Solaris's Observations - see comments below


blog comments powered by Disqus