I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Friday, August 14, 2009

A Look at Some Indicators

To go along with the thoughts from my post last night Sneaky Little Market ..., I wanted to look at some longer term charts and indicators. I contend that if this is in fact the final Wave A of the triple zigzag, then this 5th wave cannot extend anymore. (see the notes from the last post). If it does then I think it is far more likely we are in separate waves as per Daneric's count - Did Minor B Already Happen?. Having a massively extended 3rd wave and an extended 5th wave in the same wave doesn't make a lot of sense (at least it doesn't to me).

There appears to be a lot of circumstantial evidence that this is still Wave A and is about to end. I know, I know. If I could get paid for incorrectly calling a top to this Wave A, I would be rich. So take this with a grain of salt.

60 min chart: The price keeps piercing and consolidating at several MA ribbons that were support. Move is definitely slowing.



Daily chart with S/R lines. Churning at top resistance. All the indicators are rolling over with new downtrends. Negative RSI divergence. "Looks" like a top.



CPC is also still hanging around in **HIGHLY** bullish territory at this top. And since the CPC is a contrarian indicator, I suspect things are gearing up for a move down.

blog comments powered by Disqus