I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Max Pain

Max pain hasn't been too reliable the last couple of months, but today the SPY peaked at 134 on the Wednesday before OPEX and SPY max pain is at 130. That's a 3% disconnect.

Assuming that part of the disconnect gets filled by Friday (which I think is very likely), and the fact that earnings season is nearly done, I think we will finally get our overdue correction.

Again, I don't think this will be 'the top', just a correction within the continuation of this cyclical bull. See Secular Bear Market Projection in Historical Context.
blog comments powered by Disqus