I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Nice QE comparison

I have made my thoughts on QE pretty clear (http://marketthoughtsandanalysis.blogspot.com/2010/10/some-thoughts-on-qe.html).

I believe that QE is not an inflationary event (I believe there are likely inflationary events to come in the future giving us a stagflationary-like landscape [large macro deflation against which monetary policy will flail against creating upward pressure on real assets {and no, equites as a general asset class are not real assets} which will further choke economic growth], but QE has nothing to do with that).

The Pragmatic Capitalist has a great chart comparing the current QE announcement and rally as compared with the Japanese prototype back in 2001. Very interesting indeed.

http://pragcap.com/revisiting-japans-reaction-qe
blog comments powered by Disqus