I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Long Count for Nasdaq 100

crush had some very good comments and observations regarding the NDX and suggested I take a look. I don't recall ever doing a long (multiple decade) count of the NDX (I have of the SPX, the Dow, the NIKKEI, Gold, the US Dollar and a few others). I think based on the strength of the move now, I think a retrace to the 50% level (after a pullback, we are quite overbought on a daily chart) might not be unreasonable. If this count is correct, there would be a decent amount of wave proportionality (or as much as can be expected in a highly corrective and volatile market) and would hit a Fib retrace at some solid resistance.

Worth pondering at any rate.

And yes, I am still firmly in the "no new secular bull market here" camp.

blog comments powered by Disqus