I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Monday, April 30, 2012

Apr 30

Recap and Review of the last week:

Tough week that was difficult to interpret. On Wednesday my 60-minute system received a cover short/establish long signal. I was expecting a lower low but instead what we got was a double bottom. On Thursday I was second-guessing that call based on some observations and I was observing an ending diagonal take shape. I was theorizing that a breakdown of the ED might be a strong reversal signal. Instead the 'ED' (which was obviously misidentified) broke *up* and by 2:10 on Thursday the market had negated any kind of reversal setup and closed strongly. My thoughts on a possible reversal obviously did not pan out.

By Friday the 60-min Up Cycle Signal was issued as I discussed earlier in the week which means the sub-cycle buy signal issued on Wednesday is confirmed. Friday and today it continued to gain ground, which means that I am no longer expecting a reversal, and my 60-minute buy signal is firmly intact. As I said tough market to interpret.

For as tough as the 60-min timeframe has been to interpret this year, the Daily System has behaved like a champ. It has been long since Oct 11. It was not faked out by either the November or December or March pullbacks. It is still expecting a higher high above the April high before a sell signal is issued.

blog comments powered by Disqus