I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Feb 7

Nasdaq 100 (weeks ago), Nasdaq Composite (last week), and now the Dow Industrials (today) have made new recovery highs.

Daily Trend System is still firmly on a buy signal (Since mid-October)

My 60-min System has cleared its sell signals and issued a buy on Friday. But I think buying a large gap up on a Friday stinks, so I didn't act on it. (Probably should have). But the real point is that the system is behaving in the same manner as it did in mid-2010/early-2011. Which means that divergence top signals don't work, the market is trending strongly. The price action is also very similar (pullbacks are very shallow and short, 2 days tops). I made that observation a couple of weeks ago, too bad I didn't act on it and loosen the leash on my 60-min system.

But, we have now transitioned from a volatile swing traders market to a grinding trending market. And that's not bearish.
blog comments powered by Disqus