I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gold's new leg of outperformance against Equities?

Looks like it to me:


Now keep in mind this is a ratio chart. If the trend projection plays out, it does not necessarily mean that Gold will go up in price. Nor does it mean that the SPX will go down in price. It just means that Gold will do better than the SPX on a relative basis. This could mean: 1. Gold rises faster than the SPX, 2. Gold goes up while the SPX goes down, 3. Gold goes down but less rapidly than the SPX. All three are viable scenarios if the Gold/SPX ratio is in a rising trend.
blog comments powered by Disqus