I analyze macroeconomic issues from a fundamental perspective, and I analyze market behavior from a technical perspective. Original macroeconomic analysis can be found here and both macro analysis and commentary can be found on my Caps blog. If you like or appreciate my analysis, please add yourself to my Following List

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Is It Time to be Bullish on Cattle?, (part II)

In my last post: Is It Time to be Bullish on Cattle?, I said this:

binve says "Moo" [translation: If it makes a higher low at support ~64-65, then there is an inverted H&S setup that targets ~80, which is also the 38% retrace from the top]..... cows have a very concise language, leaves more time for grazing.

Here was the chart from the last post



The last week has been showing a bottom being put into place where I was anticipating. Here is what the chart looks like today:



The ETN COW is showing a similar pattern. It somewhat tracks this underlying index (i.e. it is supposed to but doesn't do a very good job all the time).

So, is it now time to be bullish on cattle? binve says "Mrraaa Mrrooooo mo moo Moooo" [translation: yes]

Disclosure: I am long COW
blog comments powered by Disqus